The skin of children , particularly those under one year, histological and physiological characteristics different from that of adults:
- the stratum corneum is thinner , which signifies both that the skin is soft and velvety but on the other , which is more permeable and sensitive to the action of external agents ;
- in the basal layer of epidermis cells responsible for melanin production are fewer resulting in less natural protection from the ultraviolet rays ;
- The underlying dermis is more delicate, with collagen and elastic fibers smaller and immature ;
- low activity of the sebaceous glands ( the skin is free of smell) and these remain until puberty . The typical skin surface lipid composition of the newborn is therefore lower and qualitatively different from that of the adult ;
- The baby's skin is rich in water (75 %) and therefore more permeable , the pH is slightly less acid than adult skin .
This significantly easier aggredibilitΰ epidermal barrier childhood by physical agents (wind , cold , sun ... ) , chemicals ( irritants) and microbiological (bacteria ) .
It is therefore crucial choice, since the early days of life, a cosmetic line designed specifically according to the specific characteristics of the skin of the newborn :
- giving assurance of absolute safety
- is effective for cleaning
- both maximum protection for your skin
- made without preservatives or SLS and SLES
All cosmetic LINE CHILDREN presented in this section are tested by clinical and dermatological examinations , carried out without the use of animals , that certify fitness in children.